Welcome to the
White Sulphur Springs
344 Main St. W
White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986
The Library is closed on the following days:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Day
West Virginia Day
To search WSSPL's
click the WVLN logo.
For all current and future events!
The educational database is
Please contact your local library for
Click on a book while holding down the
shift key for more details about the book
History of the Library
The first library in White Sulphur Springs was established in the summer of 1914 with the help of a gift from Olive P. Stokes. Miss Stokes, a frequent visitor to the Old White Hotel, donated $100 to be used to purchase furniture and pay rent for two upstairs rooms in a building on Main Street. In 1915, the White Sulphur Springs Company donated the present site to be used for a library.
The first library building was erected in 1921. Seven years later a community house was added to the facility. During World War II, the U.S.O added a back room to the building. In 1976, the local organization became a state-affiliated library under the auspices of the West Virginia Library Commission and adopted its new name -- White Sulphur Springs Public Library.
As the years went by and the library continued to grow, the original building became inadequate. In 1987, a new building was built on the same site. This 5,000 square foot facility is still in use today.